Intellectual Property Services
Patents & Trademarks
• Patent and trademark registration process
• U.S. and internationally
• Patent and Trademark Searches
• Personally overseeing your patent and trademark filings at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, including personal interviews with USPTO employees
Investigations and Valuation
• Investigating patent infringement involves an understanding of patent laws and technical information, which necessarily requires a higher level of expertise than standard investigative services
• Conducting these investigations, and recognizing the due diligence necessary to make them successful
• Investigating for potential patent infringement or for an acquisition or divestiture
• Interviewing knowledgeable persons on-the-record or off-the-record, Conducting site visits to see the product, Making evidentiary purchases with suitable potential witnesses, or Conducting database searches of U.S. and international patents, literature, or government documents
• Negotiating for the purchase of a patent or rights for our clients, whether they choose to remain anonymous or not. Third-party patent acquisitions can sometimes allow a purchase for a better price than if the true identity of the end user was known. When conducting such investigations, we maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
Enforcement, Patent Litigation
• Formulating coherent, global IPR strategies for our clients to protect products and markets in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
• U.S. Federal District Court enforcement of (or the defense against) violations of their rights relating to patents, trademarks, trade dress and copyrights
• ITC (International Trade Commission) in Section 337 patent litigation actions
• USPTO Board of Patent Appeals & Interferences (BPAI), the Trademark Trial & Appeals Board (TTAB) and the European Patent Office in EPO Patent Opposition Proceedings.
Corporate & Licensing,
• Negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements
• Assisting our clients with corporate formation, drafting corporate agreements, and drafting corporate policies
• Drafting patent licenses, evaluation agreements, license agreements, royalty agreements, milestone terms, non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, and software agreements.
• Advising clients on general corporate matters, financing and transactional matters
• Advicing on establishing corporate entities, establishing IP Holding companies
• Preparing corporate documents, preparing corporate agreements, licenses or contracts, preparing company policies, drafting web agreements and policies, preparing various compliance documents, assisting with private placement memorandums, and so forth